Properly working air conditioning is a necessity for those in Kaneohe, HI. During the hotter months in Hawaii, drivers become more reliant on their A/C than ever. Now imagine getting into your car, SUV, or truck and blasting the A/C, only to find that it only blows hot air.
You might be wondering, “why is my car A/C still only blowing hot air?” Below are some of the most prevalent reasons why auto A/C may stop blowing cold air:
- Refrigerant Leak - Low refrigerant levels are the most common culprit of warm A/C. If there is a lack of refrigerant circulating through the A/C system, then it can’t eliminate the heat successfully. At Willy’s Transmission & Air Conditioning, we can pinpoint leaks and patch them up with no problem.
- Failing Condenser - The condenser is an air conditioning component that is responsible for removing warmth from the refrigerant released from the compressor. This process cools down the refrigerant before it turns into cool air. If the condenser malfunctions, it leaves the refrigerant warm and blows warm air out of the vents.
- Faulty Compressor - This component facilitates the flow of refrigerant throughout the auto air conditioning system. If the refrigerant is idle, then you won’t feel any cold air.
- Worn Cooling Fan - The cooling fans also play a part in removing heat from the refrigerant. Since the freon won’t be cooled off, you’ll receive warm air instead of cold air.
- Electrical Problems - The auto A/C system would not work without the electricity supplied by the car’s electrical system. If there even is the smallest wiring issue or circuit short, the A/C system can malfunction.
Whether your faulty A/C system is due to low refrigerant levels or a bad part, we have affordable and effective solutions for you at Willy’s Transmission & Air Conditioning. Here at Kaneohe auto repair shop, we can be the source for all your air conditioning repair and service needs. Feel free to stop by or give us a call today!